Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Impressions of Visit to School 23 Dec 2009
My dear Ajeets,
I was privileged to visit the school on the invitation of the Principal to attend the closing ceremony of the Annual Sports on 23 Dec 2009. I reached Bijapur by train from Bangalore on 23 Dec 2009 morning and got to interact with Cl XII children. They were an impressive lot and all pepped up with 41 of them having qualified on the UPSC exam. We then had lunch with the cadets in the Mess and after a short "quasi-official" visit to 36 NCC Bn (Col VK Chatre is the CO) attended the Sports finals. The final races (individual sprints and relays and teachers vs staff tug of war) were very professionally conducted. We very nearly witnessed a new record in the senior 100 m which Gajanan (aka Gajani of Cl XI) missed by a whisker and that too after equally the record in the heats. I then made a short visit to the pre-OBA coordination meeting of Bijapur Ajeet hosts at 36 NCC Bn and was lucky to see how meticulously the final feedbacks were being taken. (NO WONDER THEN THAT THE MEET WENT OFF VERY SUCCESSFULLY) . We were then hosted for dinner at the Principal's residence. I was fortunate to meet my PT master, Mr KPP Nambiar (long since retired) to who I owe such a lot for my personal development while in school.


The school premises looks well maintained and cared for. Dormitories and bathrooms have been re-furbished. Most importantly, the school has a separate and regular water supply which means the boys have water on the tap round the clock. The Mess furniture is all new and smart looking. The school appointments were all very confident and out going (superb specimens of our future generation).

ALL KUDOS TO THE PRINCIPAL, STAFF AND TEACHING STAFF. MY HUMBLE SALUTE TO THE MAKERS OF AJEETS.

My regret is that I could not attend the OBA meet due to pressing reasons to be in Delhi on the dates of the OBA.

Arjun Muthanna

C/220/1967-74

No comments:

Post a Comment